July 2022 Board Meeting Recap
July 2022 Board Meeting
The board meeting video for each section of the agenda is linked below.
- Approval was given to apply for and receive two recurrent grants: Indiana Literacy Early Intervention Grant and the Indiana Department of Education High Ability Grant.
- Welcome to new Lake Street Elementary principal Brett Munden.
- The 2022-2023 student handbooks were approved. They will be posted online within a couple of days.
- Welcome to Ashley Bock as assistant principal at Timothy Ball Elementary.
- Training for programming for students with emotional disabilities and LEAD inclusion was completed with staff last week.
- We are in the busiest part of the summer – preparing for the new school year. A lot of work is underway to welcome students back to the buildings.
- New teacher training began this week and will last almost two weeks. Welcome to our new teachers!
- Thank you to community members who attended our State of the Schools presentation.
- Administrative team just wrapped up their summer leadership series and administrative retreat.
- Bulldog Park facility plans in conjunction with the city are still in progress.
- State of the Schools event went very well and latest We Are CP magazine looks great.
- Thank you to Mr. Malaski (Buildings and Grounds) and Dion Katsouros (Skillman) for all their hard work during construction.
- Encourage parents and residents to check the recent We Are CP publication for an overview of the upcoming redistricting process.
- Thank you to everyone who works throughout the summer to ensure our schools are ready. It is very busy this time of year.